Deus Vult
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronology

2 posters

Go down

Chronology Empty Chronology

Post  Ioustinianós III Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:33 pm

I have a suggestion for the game.

Nearly all actions in the game are executed at a near-phenomenal pace. Especially military campaigns, which were likely to take many, many years - just imagine walking from, say, south-west France to Köln, with weapons, armor and other equipment, until the war can even begin! We've seen now in the game, for instance, german forces attacking Denmark, and French forces attacking Brittany, the battle completed in less than a year (one turn). The logistics factor in the game has thus been neglected at the expense of realism; at the same time we don't want things to take too damn long either, right? We want some fast-paced action.

So what we've got here is a whole array of changes that are taking place at a very short time. We've yet to reach the 1070's, where the actual crusades began in the real world. It will take many, many turns until this has developed fully. At this rate, we will probably not even reach the 1100's.

So, my suggestion is then, that instead of one turn equalling one year, as of today, we instead make every turn count as maybe 4 or 5 years. I think this will make for our chronology to progress faster towards the 1100's, as well as make up for the unrealistically fast martial or diplomatic maneuvers.

What do you think? If so, the next turn will span across the years 1070-1075.
Ioustinianós III
Ioustinianós III
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chronology Empty Re: Chronology

Post  Heinrich der Große Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Sounds grrrrreat!
Heinrich der Große
Heinrich der Große
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: